Wednesday, December 25, 2013

CHRISTMAS!! (Sorta)

Yay for more unbearable pessimism from me! (If you don't like pessimism, expression of disappointment, hate Christmas haters, or just hate hearing people whine and complain, don't keep readingSeriously, stahp.)
So today is the day that we've all been waiting for.  Presents, smiles, and fattening yourself up so you have less motivation to get in shape after New Years.  Honestly, I don't feel really excited about it.  It's here; just another day.  Like any other. This morning I woke up, and I didn't do anything much different. 
Most kids wake up like they just consumed one of those giant big gulps from 7-11. 
AH MAH GARSH ITS CHRISTMASPRESENTSCANDYSUGARCHOCOLATEPRESENTSPRESENTSFOODPRESENTS!!!!
I just woke up, checked what time it was, and tried to go back to sleep.  Like any other lazy weekend day.  Or day off for that matter. 
I obviously am/was not excited for Christmas.  However, I still looked forward to it.  I finally got free time to relax and spend it with my family.  It started out pretty good.  We woke up, and opened presents.  We all appreciated what we each got, and thanked our mother for getting us great gifts that not only we wanted, but needed as well.  After that, we had a great brunch, and...

Started working.  Now, I understand it's a good move.  Start now, get lots done so you can enjoy yourself in the last parts of the break. So I actually got quite a bit done. 
Although, I must say I was rather disappointed with my family's decision of what  to do for the afternoon besides work.  Of all thing to do after a decent amount of work was done... It had to be movie.  I don't think there's anything wrong with watching movies.  Its just that in movies you do not interact with each other.  You sit and watch a screen.  Unless you're talking with who you're watching with, you aren't actually interacting with them. 
I recently decided that I should value my family more.  I really took them for granted.  Someone asked me to think of the most depressing thought for Christmas, and I answered with the terrible Christmas' that kids with newly divorced parents will have.  I then realised how much I actually undervalued my family and decided that I should treasure this year's Christmas moments with them.  But I was disappointed when I didn't get to for very long. 
If I count up how much time my family spent together interacting on Christmas, it comes to about 2 hours.  3 and a half if you include the meals.  I find that just... Sad.  I was looking forward to Christmas to give the people I live with my smile and share joy.  But I didn't get very long to do it.  I'm not trying to be a complaining bratty kid who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas.  I just feel really... Disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment