Thursday, April 18, 2013

The world is not your trash can!

The other day, a hope mission fundraiser was at my school. They were hosting a banquet along with presentations of some sort. 
I had two thoughts: satisfied, and unimpressed. 
Satisfied that they were outreaching and informing the people of the city what was going on in the community rarely visited by the middle and upper class. 
However, I was unimpressed at the staff that hosted the event.  Most of them smoked.  Nothing wrong with it; its their personal choice.  But what ticked me off is that once they where done, they threw the remains of the cigarette on the pavement.  Right on the walkways of the school. 
The school provided a venue.  So you should treat the property you are borrowing with respect.  I do have pride in my school, and I certainly do not want visitors to have a disgusted first impression from cigarette butts lying around the entrance. 
I guess you can say that the moral of the story is not to litter.  But not only that, but basic respect is lacking in this situation.  If you gotta take a smoke, do it outside, away from people.  And do not, I repeat, do not just throw it somewhere on the ground once you're done with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment