Sunday, April 21, 2013

Splash damage parenting

So my mother got quite upset at my younger sister today.  Very upset.  I didn't really see anything, but just from listening it sounded verbally violent.  Out of curiosity, I went to see what was up.  I entered the kitchen, and the first thing that I saw out of place was a hat.  It was hanging on a cabinet knob, high up in a place where my sister would have to climb to get it.  I timidly asked, "why is there a hat up there?"  Obviously my mom didn't hear me.  So I asked again, a little louder.  Still wasn't loud enough, but she heard that I was saying something.  So to have me repeat it, she yelled at me: "WHAT?" Her voice was like the loud voice used when disciplining a problem child.  So I decided to kind of stop. 
I can understand of you need to discipline your kid.  But I did nothing wrong!  Please don't take your anger out on me!  I'm just a bystander!  And also, please don't take it out on the door.  After all, you're the one who told me not to slam the door when you're mad...

No comments:

Post a Comment